Wheaton Family Law, Divorce, and Appeals Attorneys
Divorce, Mediation, and Family Law Firm Serving DuPage County
Choosing a law firm to handle your family law matter is a very important decision. The knowledge and experience of your attorney is an important factor in the outcome of your case. At The Stogsdill Law Firm, P.C., we have provided high-quality family law counsel and representation for over 40 years. Collectively, our attorneys possess more than 210 years of legal experience. We are one of the largest family law firms in DuPage County, yet we continue to offer the personalized legal services of a boutique law firm. Our attorneys are available to our clients 24/7, and we maintain close communication throughout the duration of our services.
Experienced Family Law Attorneys in DuPage County
For over 40 years, Attorney William J. Stogsdill has practiced law with distinction in Illinois. He is deeply committed to every case he takes, and fosters the same work ethic in every attorney at his firm. No matter how simple or complex a case may be, we dedicate ourselves to delivering the best possible outcome for our clients. Each of our attorneys is skilled in specific areas of family law, which allows our clients to benefit from superior experience across a wide variety of practice areas, including:
- Divorce, including divorce planning, alimony/maintenance, unallocated alimony, taxes and divorce, distribution of marital property, and dissipation of assets. We are also experienced in handling retirement plans, IRAs, and QDROs; international and interstate divorce; and post divorce modifications and enforcement.
- High net worth divorce, which may include business valuations; forensic accounting and asset tracing; and protecting assets and investments.
- Allocation of parental responsibilities (child custody), including such issues as child visitation (parenting time), child relocation or removal; and grandparent visitation.
- Child support and such related issues dealing with children's expenses, post decree enforcement, nonpayment of child support, and college expenses.
- Collaborative Law: Working through your divorce or family law matter as a team rather than as adversaries can lessen the stress and expense on both parties and lead to better solutions.
- Mediation: Going to court is not ideal for everyone. If you wish to resolve conflict without a judge's involvement, mediation is an option that may work for you.
- Family law, including issues of adoption, civil unions, domestic violence, orders of protection and restraining orders, issues involving alcohol and/or drug dependency, paternity/parentage, and prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
- Appeals: If you feel your goals were not met, our attorneys may appeal your case and seek a different outcome.
Our firm works with all types of clients including high asset clients, professionals, and those of modest or moderate incomes. Our attorneys are available at a variety of rates, and we will work with you to meet your budget. For every legal matter, we strive to find solutions that are effective and efficient. If we are not able to settle your case through mediation or negotiation, our experienced trial lawyers will litigate on your behalf.
Aggressive Negotiators and Litigators
When the stakes are high, having an aggressive attorney in your corner can make all the difference. Our firm is known for representing our clients’ rights and interests both at the negotiating table, and before a judge through litigation. When resolving a case is not possible, we believe in forcefully advocating for our clients in court. Our strong reputation as litigators often helps us to settle challenging cases in our clients’ favor. In fact, many of our referrals have come from opposing parties who have witnessed our effective advocacy from the other side.
For more information on how we can assist you with your family law matter, contact us at 630-462-9500630-462-9500 to schedule a consultation. One of our experienced attorneys will personally meet with you to discuss your legal options. From our office in Wheaton, IL, we work with clients throughout Northern Illinois including DuPage County, Cook County, DeKalb County, Kane County, Kendall County, and Will County.