Wheaton Family Law Attorneys
Adoption, Paternity, and Prenuptial Agreements Lawyers Serving DuPage County
Family law matters are imbued with added importance to the parties involved because family is just so important. Consequently, it is crucial to hire an attorney who takes your family law matter as seriously as you do.
At The Stogsdill Law Firm, P. C., our attorneys understand how significant family law matters can be to our clients’ lives. We are dedicated to guiding our clients through the legal process as seamlessly and painlessly as possible. If necessary, our aggressive attorneys will take your family law matters to court, litigating issues that matter to you. At the same time, we provide clients with realistic expectations to determine a strategic road map to guide them during the case process.
Legal Representation in Family Law Matters in Wheaton
Family law is a broad area of the law that includes a number of different legal issues beyond divorce. Our firm is skilled in representing clients in cases related to all of our practice areas. We routinely handle cases involving:
- Adoption – We help families grow by handling the legal aspects of formalizing the adoption. We work on all types of adoptions including related and non-related people.
- Civil Unions – We represent same-sex and non-traditional opposite-sex couples in obtaining a civil union dissolution, which is very similar to a divorce.
- Domestic Violence – We provide counsel for victims of domestic violence, particularly those who are going through a divorce.
- Orders of Protection and Restraining Orders – We help domestic violence victims obtain an emergency restraining order as well as similar long-term protections following a hearing.
- Parentage and Paternity– We help mothers and fathers identify establish legal parentage of a child. We also help with subsequent issues such as child support, parental responsibilities (child custody), and child relocations.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements - We work with clients seeking to protect themselves financially from the possibility of divorce in the future.
Our attorneys maintain close contact with clients throughout the duration of their case and help them make informed decisions all along the way. Our top priority is protecting our clients rights and interests, as well as the rights and interests of their children.
If you are in need of skilled and experienced legal counsel and representation for your family law matter, contact us at 630-462-9500630-462-9500 to schedule a consultation with one of our exceptional attorneys. We will take the time to listen to your needs and work with you to create a strategic plan to achieve your goals. Our firm’s office is located in Wheaton, IL, but we work with clients throughout Northern Illinois.